Jeff Bagwell - First and foremost in my collection is my favorite player from my childhood, Jeff Bagwell. I'm always looking for more cards of him.
Houston Astros / Colt .45s - After a bit of wavering, I took the plunge and became a full-on team collector. I'm plugging away at the various team sets, and I try to keep the Wantlist as up-to-date as possible. I haven't finished the later sets, but everything up through 1995 should be listed properly.
Autographs - I have a pretty healthy autograph collection underway, obtained both in-person and through the mail. You'll see plenty of posts here about the new additions. The main autograph "set" I'm working on is an autograph from each player in Astros history, preferably something signed that features them in the Houston uniform.
Sets - I'm currently building the following sets. All of the remaining cards are listed on the Wantlist.
- 1974 Topps - 38 cards left
- 1988 Donruss - 81 base cards left
- 1988 - 1989 Pacific Legends I & II - 149 cards left
- 1987 Topps - 115 cards left
- 1988 Score - 423 cards left
- 2013 Panini Hometown Heroes - 158 base cards, 40 short prints left
- 2013 Topps Archives - 18 base cards, 36 short prints left
- Craig Biggio - Yes, both he and Bagwell spent their entire careers with Houston. Their cards remain separate from the team binder, though, as each has their own dedicated set of pages.
- Nolan Ryan - The Texas Express fills his own pages as well. If I get an Astros duplicate it goes in the team binder, but I collect cards of Nolan from his entire career.
- Bill Mazeroski - I started collecting Mazeroski's cards as a kid while my dad was putting together his Clemente collection. While he was collecting his favorite rifle-armed outfielder, I became enamored with the double-play master who saved the 1960 World Series.
- Other Pirates - Roberto Clemente, Willie Stargell, and lots of other Pirates from the 60s-70s. That includes Roy Face, Dick Groat, Harvey Haddix, Vern Law, Bill Madlock, Dave Parker, Bill Virdon.
- Other Players - These guys all have their own special spots in my collection for one reason or another. Jim Abbott, Ken Caminiti, Jose Canseco, Casey Candaele, Rickey Henderson, Pete Incaviglia, Bo Jackson, Randy Johnson, Cal Ripken Jr., Ivan Rodriguez, Mike Trout, Fernando Valenzuela.